Thursday, May 29, 2008

Time Flies!

This will be quick because I am extremely busy, but I'm in a writing mood. Currently, at this exact moment, one of my best friends is back home in America! Erica and Bre were abroad this semester at the University of Nottingham in England and their semester is over with. Erica flew back home and I just talked to her and she made it home safely! It's so strange to think she is back home now and seeing her family, boyfriend, and friends after being away for 5 months! It literally just feels like yesterday when we were at O'hare in January saying bye...


And then I was reunited with them in March and we "Eurotripped" for about 15 days together going through Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Italy, & Switzerland. Here we are in Prague in the Czech Republic:

And at the Colosseum in Rome, Italy:


I can't wait to be reunited with them again in August and we will all live together (plus our friend Kim) in an apartment for our senior year of college! Can't wait!!

This past weekend I was also in Dusseldorf and Cologne Germany! It was an awesome trip and seeing the Kölner Dom (Cologne Catherdral) was breathtaking! Here are a few pictures of that:




And here I am in Cologne:




This weekend, some friends & I will spend a day in Hamburg. It is the closest (about an hour train ride) big city (population about 1.8 million) near Kiel. Then next week I will go to Denmark to Copenhagen and Odense, which is where my roomate is from and is the 3rd largest city in Denmark. So I have a lot to look forward to, but for now I MUST finish all this schoolwork...

Liebe Gruesse von Kiel! :-)

No comments: